15 September 2011
I added ways to browse games by year, developer, publisher, and company generally (developer or publisher). They don't have nav links, but you can get to them by following the links on a game page. Except for developer/publisher, which I suppose you just have to guess the urls for. But they work, honest.
Also I'm moving over the next few days so no updates until probably next week.
11 September 2011
I added Police Quest today. I's a nice game, if a little annoying.
I've also completely revamped the news system, there's now a fancy archive at the bottom of the page. It doesn't quite work how I want it to yet, but I'll hopefully fix that in the coming days. Edit 12/09/2011: Okay it works how I want now.
Oh, and I also converted the site to HTML5, though I need to do more with that. Yay for experimentalism.
9 September 2011
I've been hard at work making the site more usable for both robots and humans today. There's more work to do before I release it, however.
Also, since I don't want to add features without content, I've added Sword of the Samurai.
8 September 2011
I've cleaned up some of the internal code, and more importantly, you can now get to game listing pages by hitting the genre and theme links on the game details page.
Now, off to play some games.
7 September 2011
Welcome to anarchy v6.
Hopefully it'll do better than the last ones. If you spot anything that looks wrong, drop me a line.
While the design is basic (read: naff), the code is structured well (yay for Django) enough that features can be added really easily.
A such, there are some improvements I'm going to be working on over the coming days and weeks:
- Make the game detail genre/theme/company/possibly release date details link to the appropriate game list page. For companies and release dates this means adding views for companies and release dates.
- Add more fluff to the about pages.
- Consider ways of making a way of navigating by company that doesn't suck (select box?) This would be easier (I think) if the design had a sidebar.
- As a longer term goal, need to think about finding someone to do a proper design. I'll probably ask about this later.
- Before that, need more content.
- Also need to do some internal code tweaking.
For now, enjoy the same lack of content.